Friday, February 9, 2007

I know; it's late

So.....tomorrow (today) I am presenting the defense of Catholicism in my Unity in the Bible Course. One of my groupmates is an adamant practicing Christian Catholic, and he's really helped me to undestand all of the misconceptions non-catholic Christians have about catholics and especially what catholics seem to believe - though falsely - about non-catholic Christians. All in all, we have a lot of conversing to do in order to work toward a greater unity of the Church.

Let's focus on Christ.......more to come tomorrow (later today)


BACK: The presentation went really well; we completely owned. This weekend I need to really focus on getting the reading and research done for a paper due March 2nd. With a new class starting 2 mondays from today, which will only last for two weeks - but will be held m.w.f. from 7-9 - and have a comprehensive final near the same time as the paper's due date, I need to get moving. This weekend is prime pickings for starting that as well as finishing up some "great" reading in Aristotle and Milton.

I've also been working on designs for the new Hillsdale Christian Fellowship website that I'm creating in my Web Design class on Tuesdays and Thursdays - 6:15-9:00. The emphasis is on the design aspect as too many people are on the internet who know how to create a website, but they don't have much in the design category - according to my professor. I'm thinking about layouts involving a cross, maybe the region of the forearm and the pierced left wrist. Having the arm at the top of the page with Hillsdale Christian Fellowship written from the blood flowing in His veins (we are the body...) Another idea would to be have a part of the crown of thorns showing, and maybe an ear. Then have a drop of blood falling through the air. This idea could also be created into a Flash animation in which the blood hits a pool of black liquid, and as soon as it touches, the liquid begins to ripple and reveal pictures of Christians on campus and ministry pictures. Those are some of the ideas so far......more to come, maybe.

God bless,
DMS

No comments: