Friday, January 4, 2008

Took me to neverland, never had a chance,
Drowned me in a tidepool, undertoe of romance,
Spit me back out, now in defensive stance,
Like a wall of ice, apathetic to your rants.
Show me your bloody hands,
Held my heart in your palms, then struck through it with your lance.
If life is play, I'll be gone before the next act,
If treasure is where my hearts at, I've just had a heart attack.
Noosed by your simple nothings,
Though they felt pretty tight,
Arms so soft around my neck,
Dead before next light,
Kicked out my teeth as I smiled wide,
Hoping to catch your eye,
So I could see my own reflection, to prove the reality I felt inside.
I suppose it was an oasis though,
Sand through my fingertips,
That love was just a charade to make me slow,
So I wouldn't move out of the way of your poisonous lips.
Caught and stuck by your tongue,
That serpentine snare,
Stole my breath, collapsed my lungs,
Put out my heart's flame, left it bare.

No comments: