Thursday, January 3, 2008

Covered in ash

Powder-bursting shells, giving 'em hell,
Tear apart the carapace of the mind's own jail-cell.
Can't speak the truth, to those around you,
Nobody understands what you've gone through,
Too many injuries to your deepsoul's ego,
Another minor setback would be like ransoming your life for a free-throw,
But what do we know?
Just another conscience giving you a taste from my two-cent bistro.
Estoy listo,
To make visible your dreamed-for daybreak,
Opening up your life to your heart's own keepsake?
Or starve your heart, another unaffectionate cheapskate?

I get so angry seeing them take advantage of the sheep,
Lull them into danger, then put them to sleep.
I get so furious when I see the weak die,
Trying to get affection, then slaughtered on the inside.
God, You must feel the same when I cheat too,
Only to get destroyed and coming crying back to You.

I hate seeing bad relationship decisions destroying lives,
I hate seeing sons and daughters behave like vinegar in the eyes
I hate seeing people buy into all the lies
Like the playa con, and I'm not talking about just the guy,
Already, many have been spiritually hypnotized.
Both parties suffer trying to get themselves satisfied.
They used to get married, then sex came later,
Then sex came first, to get married was only to cater,
Now sex just comes and goes and no relationship follows.
So many people spiritually intertwined, but so intimately hollow

No comments: