Thursday, January 3, 2008

A coin with two heads

I've seen the anger of man flare,
Leaving fields of possibilities sterile and bare.
I've seen the flame of man burst,
Excelling past the limitations held in place like a curse.
I've seen him like an animal,
Ravage their emotions, betray a partner like a cannibal.
I've seen him when he's a Savior,
Empowered by the His God to heal the pains of this world's labor.
I've seen the envy of man sear,
Burn into its victims a desire for what never becomes clear.
I've seen the envy of man drive,
Him to construct a nation that desires to protect life
I've seen the pride of man call,
All it's solemn chosen to a fiery fall.
I've seen the pride of man free,
Boasting in Christ, through the Spirit attaining liberty.

There would seem to be two sides to every story of the soul,
Don't blame emotion for passions you choose not to control.
For when each emotion is first harnessed to God's will,
He feeds your inner chamber, mining your heart's gold with His drill.

No comments: