Monday, December 3, 2007

teach me about faith through fiction

So I've been rejected say....5 times for this one thing regarding poetry.....and today I saw what was given the spot for that which I was rejected....and I was a little disappointed...usually am....that's just the way that things work I guess...usually see things in a different light...kinda like the Jews with Jesus....kinda like everyone with Jesus...we usually see things the way we want to see them, not the way that they are...but, have hope, because it's not impossible to see them in the pure light.


And so, once again, I was mistaken,
In thinking I would win,
Hopes dashed in the end,
When I couldn't catch the dream I was chasing,
Now, it's time for the anger I'm facing,
To arise.
Fire flames in my eyes,
My heart condemns it all lies,
Why?
I.
Pride.

I hate the loss, and sometimes even victory is bland,
Give me a battle in which I turn and toss,
When it is finished I'll be more of a man,
More than a man, because I did more than I can,
It was all me, nothing more, never less, understand?

It's all armor,
It's my failure proof jacket,
Crying in my soul, I lack the fulfillment I feel I require.

It's all armor,
It's my failure proof jacket,
Actually, I just want to be acknowledged because God made me special too....



So really, pride is just a reflex of our scared little self, seeing the big world in which he feels his voice is being squelched.

Only done for some attention, that is why I strive. I just want someone to impress, to be excited about my life.

Screaming, don't you see me, I'm here, I exist as well. Tell me that you love me, because alone I feel like hell.


Doesn't that ^ seem to reveal more of the realness to the situation...raising our consciousness of the matter....well my friends, that's what fiction and faith are all about.

No comments: