Sunday, February 15, 2009

praise

I could never tell of all the great works You have done,
My tongue would not persist through to the end.
You must sustain me, and overflow my spirit with Your life,
If I'm to have the privilege to begin.

From here on out, I will note all Your good,
Though I've resigned I'll soon run out of pen.
All the storehouses on earth cannot contain your living love,
There's no power your force cannot suspend.

Praise Him, Shout, Bring alms of gladness,
Here is the Lord Jesus, our King,
Smile, Rejoice, let there among you be no sadness,
For today we're commanded to sing!

Unto us, unto us, a Savior has been given,
Unto this wretched people the Christ,
How wayward, lost, and wicked we've been,
That while we were yet enemies He gave up His life.

He shed all his life blood, and let it drip down,
Emptied for the Father that day,
Obedience compelled Him in Love for His namesake,
To send His only begotten Son....away.

Hallelujah, Amen, His loss was our gain,
The Lord be exalted, cease not to sing His praise,
Honor and Power and Glory to the Lamb,
For by His blood and Spirit we shall be raised.

Hosanna, We love you Father God,
Eternal, Immortal, You reign
Holy, make us wholly like You,
Yesterday, Today, and tomorrow - the same.

No comments: