Saturday, December 22, 2007

Deep, way down in the pit of my inner man,
The air is rather dry and barren is the land,
Emptiness has overtaken with its strangling vines,
Stealing sun and water from this heart of mine,
Allies have abandoned and enemies pursue,
To lay waste to what is left then sow seeds untrue,

But that sickness of my heart, poisoning all I know,
Beating me like a wave, smashing to and fro
Hurts, though I know its falsehood. I pray it's gone soon enough
My weakness is so great, its beating has been rough

Oh my insides cry past words, groans so grievous no ear dare hear,
My spirit moans in exile, upon my heart the wounds doth sear.
So dry no tears will fall, for the famine has stolen all,
Hope is here, though faith is small, to the Lord I address my call,
Distress, help, Lord Jesus, come. Have mercy on Your servant.

Relieve me of my suffering which I often cause,
I'm fool to every think to break Your Good and Righteous Laws.
I hate my sin which makes me feel the traitor-traits I bear with skill,
I hate that I dishonorably act, defiant to Your perfect will.

Forgive me God, restore me I pray,
Renew my life this very day.
I've done great and horrid things, bearing all along Your name I always bring.
I've spilt more blood with wrongs I have not stopped,
And all I need is one single drop.
But instead you gave all you had,
Upon a cross, in a tomb, alive again.

I've been so wicked a creature,
Iniquity my foremost feature,
Save me Jesus Christ and set me right in Your way.

No comments: