Saturday, November 10, 2007

What’s there to say. How am I to react,

When a friend, so called friend stabs you right in the back,

Not looking for trouble, not a hypochondriac,

But now I’m kinda jaded, wondering if they deserve any slack,

And of course they don’t, but inside my heart’s choked,

Trying to swallow my pain, acting like I’m able to cope,

But to be honest, I feel like I haven’t got any hope,

Like my enemy and best friend ran away and eloped.

Sick inside my soul, I’m losing control

On the world that I’m tugging, I’m losing my hold,

Deep inside my being, yeah, I know there’s a hole,

And I just want to feel complete, I want to be full

Ask my why I turned, I would tell you “twas God”

If you asked why I’m special, I’d probably say that I’m not,

You made me think you agreed when you gave me the nod,

But now I know you’re a phony, from the ground that you trod.

I feel in my heart where you left your footprints in the sod,

Wore my love for awhile, my blood red ephod,

Until you decided it would be a prisoner’s garb you would shod.

My heart that you would rob, my flesh that you would flog,

But now I’m kinda jaded, surrounded by fog

My spirit’s weak, and my will is coughing,

Luckily I’m still alive and I’m not in a coffin,

Every day I survive, it’s another day that I’m robbing,

Every day I survive, it’s another day sobbing.

Bless the Lord O my soul, is such a difficult command,

How can I give from my spirit, when I have trouble giving by hand?

How can I give when all I got is a sham,

From my spirit you pour forth love, but my heart is its dam

No comments: