Sunday, November 4, 2007

D-Troit

I went on a short outreach "missions-trip" to East Detroit this past Friday and Saturday. We held an over-nighter at Charity Lutheran Church for some local youth. We played games, ate lots of food, had a time of worship, shared the Gospel through a bit of my testimony, watched movies, and took time just to talk. It was awesome. In the process my good friend's car was stolen out of the church's parking lot. If you would pray for him, that would be awesome. He's had the most incredibly edifying attitude through the whole ordeal. He doesn't even let the incident phase him. He told me, "it's just a thing." May God abundantly bless his spirit.

In the midst of this cloud surrounding,
There's so much of God's love around me.
His people are like love bombs exploding, Loudly

2 comments:

Jaimi said...

I didn't even know that you went on the Detroit trip, David! I feel so lame telling you all about my weekend and not even asking about yours . . . forgive me. I've heard snippets about what went down over there this past weekend, but if you have the chance sometime, I'd enjoy hearing more about it :)

TheThinker said...

haha...don't feel lame, we'll talk about it sometime soon