Thursday, September 27, 2007

Morning

So I had this crazy dream last night...I'd rather not give the specifics, but in it, somehow I came across information that a friend of mine had praised me highly to another friend of mine. Now both of these people I deeply respect....and guess what a theme of prayer has been for my Wednesday night small group in the Suites? Selflessness...humility...

I don't want to look into this completely negatively, because it also speaks to some positive truths, like humble yourself and you will be exalted, or don't sit in the places of honor but sit in the lower places that you might be called up to greater honor....but it also speaks to Proverbs 27:21, "Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but a person is tested by being praised."

We often think - or at least I do - that our tests are times of struggle, when we have to lean on God for sustenance. But, perhaps the test starts when we don't have to....


Anyway...I'm serious about the picture series starting up soon. Maybe tomorrow

I'm going to a synagogue tomorrow (it's the first day of THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES).

No comments: