Saturday, September 29, 2007

m

I'm struggling to apprehend,
The Truth and the purity within.
Scripture directs me to Him,
Refinement through theological doctrine.
But I'm still human,
My mind is still brewing,
Desiring to swallow
The knowledge that it's chewing
To what is this alluding?
Other forces are colluding,
Confusion is ensuing,
While I'm praying for renewing.

Purify my understanding, grant me wisdom and truth,
Have I been wrong all along, have I even known You?
I can get so startled when I find out that I've courted
Incorrect understanding from other than Lord, it
Hurts me to think, that I've stepped away.
I hate to contemplate that and that I could die today...

I could die afraid,
I could die wondering if I was saved.
I could die in fear
That I missed even one opportunity for me to get nearer,

Or I could live with joy.

No comments: