Sunday, September 30, 2007

Life

Sometimes I'm crying inside of my head,
Pretending past feelings are dead,
And so I'm lying to myself instead
Of dealing with the issue I dread.

Oh how I miss you, I said,
I can't live without you, my Bread,
I can't stand the pain without you, my med.,
I crave the light that you shed,
I wouldn't follow when you led,
When you looked I fled,
When you judged I plead,
When I turned you bled,

Now my heart is torn to shreds,
My life is broken strands of thread,
Oh shattered dreams I tread,
Ripped at the seams, o the nets I spread,
What does this mean? Then I read
That you are faithful to death.

How can you return the breath,
That which I breathed out, You kept?
Such a fool was I then, but in You now I'm left
Standing on the Rock which with life is deft,
The same man who created Eve when Adam was cleft,
When He of my love was bereft,
He gave me more hope and love than I had before the theft
Of my joy.

Once I was a broken toy, but now I'm healed, a real boy....

No comments: