Thursday, September 6, 2007

Is it proper?

I get anxious about posting every once and awhile. Not anxious in that I worry about posting, but rather I wonder what of what I have I ought to post or how often to post or how long the post should be...I deliberate about the content...is it proper?


O if only I could dive into the mind of the Most High,
I would snatch up all that I came across, or at least I would try
To embrace the presence of Wisdom, let it flood my life.
Overflow into my world, You Who guides the Bride.

All hopes aside, I slide into my chair,
Wondering what he's gonna say, leaving his conscience bare,
As I stare, drifting, he knows I'm not there,
Slams his fist upon the table and dares me to care,
About what I ask, c'mon, what's fair is fair,
I pay to do what I want...and I spoke it with flare,
He responded with a question that raised my hair,
Into my reality he was attempting to tear,
But when it comes to my life I'm not willing to share,
Try and catch me with a quandary by setting your snare,
I'll observe and burn it with, bring down the whole kingdom,
Set your life on fire with my profound freedom,
My motto is if you can trade unfairly, then cheat 'em,
Bring them to your jungle and eat 'em, let them in the game, and beat 'em
Break the lame down and mistreat 'em
That's the life we roll, better be believin'

This is the same story from another point of view, still inside of my mind

I'm the other psyche, the repressed memories of pain,
The tendencies to build walls around me to stay sane...
If anyone knew my problems I'd be flayed alive,
I'm so self-deprecating that from myself I hide,
Deep in my heart I abide, muffling my cries,
Couldn't break out of this prison even if I tried,
What I need is a Savior, but I can't swallow my pride,
I really want you close but nope,
Instead I'll push you all to the side,
Striving to find, a Redeemer who can love me down to size,
In the end I'm just a child that's been living a lie,
Pretending I'm sly,
Giving my mind a bribe,
Hoping, but like I said, all hopes aside....

Who can hear the hearts of the lost?
Who can see the bodies tossed
Into graveyards full of souls that couldn't pay the eternal costs.
Burn away the dross...

No comments: