Monday, September 17, 2007

forced-post lines

I had to, I couldn't stop myself,
I couldn't help the selfish feeling that was not myself,
I tried to cop some wealth,
And no one in the immediate vicinity would stop to help.

Truth slides down the drain as morality flounders,
"Choose" chanted in vain, as we all begin to wonder,
How can we maintain before life is blown asunder,
What can we restrain before it thunders?

Lightning strikes as the darkness eclipses
Life held in the balance, culture kisses
Goodness goodbye, it's a wicked lullaby
All the time wondering why...

Stride past the girl who dropped her books,
Glance to my left, away, you know where everyone looks,
Saw a friend, said, "hey", but that's as far as it took,
My life is center-stage, and I'm a crook

Stealing from my family, Friends pretend they love me,
Acting like I'm manly, man, I'm anything but lovely,
Holding on to bitterness's edge, carrying the chip across my shoulders
From the Truth I fled, and in turn my heart grows colder
My sins get bolder, my fins get sharper, My heart is getting harder
If I could only get farther,
To get away from the Father...
Even though my heart grows colder, the world is getting hotter
Until that day, when the clay is dashed by the Potter




Why run when you could walk?
Why draw with a pencil when you could make it beautiful with chalk?
Why not try to sit in silence rather than talk?

No comments: