Thursday, June 14, 2007

1st Camp of the Summer

This passed Sunday thru Tuesday I was at "Prarie Camp" with 1st and 2nd Grade students from NMC. I was a co-counselor with a member of the Prarie Camp staff. Considering they were my kids though - being from NMC - I took charge of most everthing and delegated when I thought best to my co-counselor. He was a great help. Sometimes I needed a little rest from having so much fun, and so I would have him take 9 out of 10 of the kids to the restroom while I waited behind with that one kid who can never tie his shoes, put on his shirt, find his socks, drink enough water, eat his food fast enough.....Essentially I really enjoyed being able to wait around with one or a few of the campers at a time to invest in them more intently.

Needless to say, camp was a blast, and the word on the street is that the kids had just as much fun, if not more :) I'll probably find out through the grapevine from my superiors whether or not that's true, but the consensus so far is that I personally handled the situations I encountered well. Pray that they continue in their young walks with Christ....by the way, that doesn't mean immature walks. I heard one of my boys pray a prayer so genuine, so pure, and so eloquent it struck me with awe...I'll have to tell you about it later. I was blown away.

God bless,
DMS

No comments: