Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ink the skies with your fingertip pen,
Scrollwork the winds, follow it up with the heavens,
Tell us stories in the stars, feed our imaginations,
But more than these, let us touch the scars.

I doubt logic and reason, I doubt cleverly crafted tales,
Though, I'll never doubt the holes made by sin's nails.
I'll never doubt the side puntured for justice's scales,
I'll never doubt my Lord who posted my hell jail's bail.


You've heard that without love you've got nothing,
A heart empty can't pump the blood that's not running,
Hearts grow cold when they're not thumping,
Melt the heart with conviction, there you've got something
Tear down the barriers, release the chains,
Unshackle the fetters, and let freedom reign
Rain down upon all the weak, weary, and strained,
Coming to help the sick free from their pain,
Not for those who are healthy from their earthly gain,


No comments: