Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Grab my attention, deceived for a moment, mixed up in confusion, and like an explosion I've blown it.
Overwhelmed by grief, even though I'm saved, guilt walks by my side and he's well behaved.
Doesn't make a mention only makes his presence known, wait...since when have guilt and I been friends?
Then I begin to moan.
Why have I betrayed my Maker, I'm treasonous to the crown.
To His Kingdom I'm a traitor, my heart's already underground.

Stop...

I accept your forgiveness, and I reject this guilt. Once I would have agreed, but now I'm clean because of the blood he spilt.

Clean, just believe and confess. Clean, let go of the stress, that you have to do something in order to make it right, that's actually a lie black as night. The enemy wants you to think that in order to feel better, you have to do something of your own accord - that'll release the fetters.

"Chains come apart when you act for yourself....God's mercy, yeah that's good but it doesn't make me feel better, and you know you're justified when you feel better. Do some good deeds and then you'll be fine and can be assured that you're saved because the guilt won't leave until you justify yourself." - a lie

No comments: