Saturday, February 17, 2007

A tough day

I may look steady and staid, calm, collected and unafraid,
But underneath I’m trying my hardest to believe in what I pray
It seems to me I need provision I can see,
But I know it’s been given, and so I should cease to be
Anxious and doubting, shaky, stop the pouting,
Release the tension that I’m bearing, let go of the burdens I’m carrying,
God knows how I’m faring, and I know that he’s caring
But sometimes I feel alone and darkness seems so scary
Uncertainty is daring me, and failure appears so glaring

But I’m told to hold fast, never give up,
I’ll be rewarded as time passes, passing my cup,
Strength in the unseen is so difficult at times
I guess that’s why I’ve been given to rhymes
And rhymes back to me, eliciting what strength He knows I need.

No comments: