Monday, February 12, 2007

Stomach-ache

This world is sick, and it's coughing on me, contagions flying free trying to infect me
Passing through the air, cause their prince is there, confusion is the essence of their purpose laid bare
Hit me with the problems, obstacles I can't climb, I can't move around them, I don't have the time,
I can't bust through them, I don't have the strength, I need to remove them but I just can't think of anyway that would work to get them out of my way, Self-reliance is a foe that I can't seem to slay
Lord move this mountain I begin to say, toss it in a lake whose thirst never dies
My heart is crying and rivers are flowing from my eyes
The flies around my past sins piled so high
How could I have tried to defy the Lord God on High?
Slaving for sin is a problem that wouldn't subside,
Now I'm on my knees as I know I'll be tried
Sorry Father God, I failed and deserve to die
I deserve to suffer forever and forever realize why
I transgressed against all goodness and so with Justice I collide
If it wasn't for your mercy, I would be sure to fry,
I would be assuredly crushed and eaten alive,
Gnashing teeth ripping flesh and yet it's not the worst way to abide,
The edeictic memory of knowing my mouth doesn't have to be dry
That I had always been able to choose the best gift in sight
What a choice to make, what a nightmare's fright
Instead of darkness I could have chosen light
Instead of suffering death I could have chosen life
Instead of eternal regret I could have chosen delight
And so days will go by, or rather eternal night,
Remembering the choice and how a disconnect shall be your plight.

No comments: