Monday, January 19, 2009

somber methods

Limping forward, sword in shredded scabbard, dragging
Across the bloody, muddy ground, pulling me down,
Confusion mixed with sorrow bruises my soul,
I look across the blank stares of brothers I once knew,
Who gave themselves to what I too was scared to do,
Scarred underneath this exterior plate of courage,
Fear among little boys who realize the craze of what they're doing,

I don't want to die!
I don't want to fight!
Please no, don't make me swing this death sentence so much.
Why, why! I never wanted to take another brother's life...
But made was my decision before I walked on the field,
Unprepared though I was, I had to kill or be killed.

Give him an AK, let him know it's okay,
That to kill one of these traitors is not just okay,
It's right beyond, it's good to do,
Raising the bar of his faith to a new view,
Changing black and white so the spectrum fits the new hue,
Boys with bomber jackets, following orders to please evil men...

Confused world that is seeking life,
Looking for it's answers in the perceived enemy's death,
Raping the world of all its innocence, soon none to be left.
Books to disappear, that will increase control,
Decrease dissension among those who are intent to know.
Truth cannot be restrained, freedom must reign,
Death will only fuel the passion to return to Eden again.

No comments: