Monday, September 29, 2008

Wisdom

Stuck in line in my mind checking what's the time,
I want to know the answer that I just can't seem to find.
Wondering is so sublime, but definites are not so kind,
Decision-making often ends in doubts about divine.

Strap an answer to your name, and maybe I'll take it as my own,
Too lazy to seek the truth, so I'll make your efforts home,
Give me your answer smooth, with none of confusion's foam,
Let me say it in a sentence, distilled from ancient tome.

I hate the building blocks of wisdom, there are so many to discern,
Isn't it all about the answers? What's all this I have to learn?
Life would be much better if we were attached to strings, affirmed,
Instead we walk upright, with snapped strings, spurned.

What a foolish boy who seeks not wisdom and hates it's bitter taste,
Though in the end Wisdom says vanity is even wisdom's fate.

No comments: