Sunday, June 29, 2008

Crying for Joy

If I shared my pain with the world, I wouldn't be accused of genocide,
Everyone would die, and so no judge could preside,
Even if I tried, I wouldn't know how to confide,
I wouldn't be stable enough when the two worlds collide,

I express my deepest regret, that no mind could collect,
So I'll humbly exit stage left out of absent respect,
Because this wouldn't happen I cannot bleed your neglect,
Who am I but pity's plank, when your eye holds only a speck.

Poetry's perversity is found in eliciting undeserved sympathy,
I've hijacked this medium myself to steal other's empathy,
It's the curse to blame someone else because I gave up the inheritance meant for me,
But I recognize my hope is not found in your condolences, it's in Jesus' victory.

All the crying has become so sick to me,
If you want to get out of this too, just stick with me,
Through Him the curse is destroyed, He has set men free,
To once again enjoy His Love and Life, partaking of that Wonderful Tree.

No comments: