Friday, April 25, 2008

Wages of Sin

Too easily I decide to leave You with my eyes,
Heart following the lead accepting sorry bribes,
Even now I try to hide from the guilt that plagues my mind,
Wrath of God filling up a cup to kill this whorish bride.
Appalled that I'm still alive,
Great is my hate toward my slutty pride,
Engaging the world's empty lies,
Sucking down sin, the trade I've plied.
O the despair I bear in stride,
Frustrated for the tears I haven't cried,
Suffering in body, for my spirit is bitter, brittle, dry,
Inclined to question why?
Never had I surmised,
I'd again fall before Your eyes,
Struck down and crushed as Your Spirit's Truth and my wickedness collide.
Destroyed, burnt up by Your righteous sight,
Endlessly weeping and gnashed throughout the night.
Always another death to die,
Truth's judgments are always right.
Hell's gifts are pain and agony, wages for the work of spite.

No comments: