Friday, January 11, 2008

ER

Spirit aching like it's my last breath I'm taking,
My body's shaking, every single bone is breaking.
Now forsaking, all the times I was faking,
Teaching to love the Lord, though just a fool in the making,
Now my own ashes I'm raking,
For the staking I gave his wrists and feet while He was waiting,
I was demonstrating how I was filled with hating,
Debating how to get the benefits and still continue berating,
And never commit myself to stating,
How I needed God to be devoted to creating,
I needed a shaping,
To remove the shell I wore I needed a scraping,
Only to uncover the hole inside was gaping,
My life was escaping.
As my mind was racing,
Screaming without a sound as the doctor was pacing,
My lungs started to give, what was I facing,
Death seemed inevitable, I began the bracing,
I saw a syringe, this must be the lacing,
Put me out quietly, I can almost taste it....

Flying up straight, mile a minute blood pump,
Unsure what happened, not ready to give up,
A newfound flame has taken over my name,
A vigor overcoming filling my life by the cup.

No comments: