Friday, October 12, 2007

Feelings?

Sometimes, like today, I feel compelled like the attraction between two giant magnets to just sing intense praise to God and worship Him with abandonment. The problem I face, however, is an inability of sorts to exercise this love. I feel like my soul is "stopped-up." It's like the love and joy is kept from flowing. In me this produces almost a complaining Psalmist effect. I can't praise and so I end up questioning or complaining or petitioning (to make it seem better). This could be just an attitude rather than a mode of my heart or a season of my spirit (though it might be that also as I've been having this routinely during the past 4-5 weeks).

I also love to write...as maybe you can tell (or maybe not). I especially enjoy writing songs and poems. While freestyle rap-rhythmic tendencies pervade what I write in regard to style, my spirit's longing is for whatever I write to be: 1) pleasing to the Lord in content and truth of my own attitude toward Him - if positive and 2) beneficial for outside readers growth in the Spirit and Truth...

That's what I want.
That's what I need to work toward...and you know I can't do it alone.

No comments: