Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Glance of Death

Bull-like lust charging out of my breast,

Took a second look, passions enflaming my chest

Sin overtook me in a moment I confess,

Another came upon me, to that I attest,

Temptation laced my eyes with a delightfully wicked prize

I took the bait and laid our lives on a bed of knives,

Flustered at evil beside, smiling Lord of the Flies,

Sinfully I surmised the problem now growing in size

When I should have left I stayed, called back the man I hated

Tried to fix the situation, but this man wouldn’t be baited,

Elated I became, when I devised a snare with his name,

Sent him back to die with his death in hand, along he carried my shame.

Finally, when evil had had its fun – though I always knew better

In came the man of God, caught me in my fetter,

Stooped in deceit, evil, and guilt, I thought I was a goner,

But truth be told He told me that my sin would be forgiven

Having a contrite heart and broken spirit

No comments: