Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Poem

I'm so thankful that God is always with me, watching out for me, helping me to make the right decisions and take the rights action.

He says in Joshual 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

In obediance I accept His strength as my own and His courage I will bear. I will have no fear for I have not been given that spirit, but rather I have a Spirit of power, love, and self-control. He told me that He will be with me always, even unto the end of the age. God is so good to us, His glory is revealed in His goodness. We are those "very good" images of the Lord our God. Let's not work to the detriment of ourselves. Instead, let's live for His glory.

He delights perfectly in Himself, and for this reason gave Himself for us that we might receive the Spirit and eternal life through Him. Now that we bear His name and have His Spirit, he can delight perfectly in Himself in us. Blaise Pascal noted about the infinite vacuum within us that only God's all could satisfy for our completion. He, then, is the all in all, that is in us.


As I mentioned on Monday, I'm reading Peter Marshall's War Sermons. They're pretty awesome. At the moment I'm reading his sermon entitled, Why does God permit war? He notes that we cannot categorically answer why, but he does suggest a couple reasons. Prior to the argument, however, he offers the question, "What if war has come because we were not fit for peace?" Then, with his first point, he says that "it may be in order to teach us that war is punishment for sin." He explains, "Sin always leads to suffering and misery and shame, but we are not inclined to become alarmed about it until it breaks out on a large scale. For example, we as a congregation are not concered over the illnes of the Jones family in some alley dwelling in a Washington slum...But, if the illness were some infectious disease that spread until an epidemic laid its yellow clammy hand on our city's life...There are problems in our world which are just as contrary to God's love...His justice and His holiness. Why do we not expect Him to stop them also?" Next he notes that "God permits war in order that we might see what sin really is." Basically by this he means that "What man refuses to learn in times of peace, God teaches him in times of war." He heads toward the idea that "God may be permitting this war to lead us back to Him."


Notes, comments, questions, etc.. bring them all to me

God bless,
DMS

No comments: