Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Good reminders

Someone has been reminding me lately of how rediculous I am when I victimize myself through my past experiences. I'm so glad to have such wake-up calls. Living a life of defeat is definitely the opposite of what we're called to be doing, and I need to be more conscious of the things I'm saying and how they sound to other brothers and sisters in Christ. Not to sound too Eldredge-esque, but, man, I've not been speaking like a man of God, acting like the soldier of Christ who glorifies the Lord in all I do. And for this, I apologize.

"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." - James 5:16



ALSO!!! This same person encouraged me to recommit to memory the order of all of the books of the Bible - for both knowledge and chorale purposes, and last night this challenge was accepted and completed :)

2 comments:

Jaimi said...

I forgot to have you recite them for me earlier...hmmm, never fear; I shall have you call up this most recent piece of memory work for me in the near future. Does this mean you won't be needing me to sing you the Old Testament song anymore? ;)

TheThinker said...

Not at all, in fact, I can now take even more notice of the beauty in your singing because I'll have the pleasure combined with the knowledge :)